Corporate Technologies, a leading provider of managed IT solutions, works with businesses and institutions in Minnesota, North Dakota, Southern California, Michigan, and New Jersey. With a scope of services and over 300 employees strong, Corporate Technologies supports customers on a national level.
For more than 35 years, Corporate Technologies has delivered on its mission of giving businesses the resources they need to excel. We offer IT solutions including managed IT services, staffing services, storage and virtualized solutions, voice and data networking solutions, repair and warranty services, systems integration and consulting. Voted the Best Place to Work in 2016 and 2017, we are also consistently in the top 200 MSPs in the United States.
(Our North Dakota branch is in Fargo; however this position would be in Bismarck.)
POSITION PURPOSE: To increase customer satisfaction by providing pre-sales consultation, site-inspection, installation, and training for network systems sold to customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Fulfill outsourcing needs as dictated by customers’ demand. The term may be anywhere from 1 day to 1 year.
2. Install and/or upgrade all hardware and software on the dates specified in the network contract and purchase agreement.
3. Provide ongoing consultation, research and recommendations to the senior engineer regarding all enhancements or revisions to existing networks.
4. Provide technical support for customers as required.
5. Occasionally make sales calls to gather information and provide an on-site inspection.
6. Attend all vendor required and network specific training classes as assigned.
7. Complete additional duties and projects as assigned.
8. Implementation of TCP/IP Networking on customers’ computers as needed.
9. Working with Microsoft operating systems, Internet solutions, and other customer supported software.
10. Mentor network specialist and assist in tech support at client sites.
11. Watch for exploit/patches that the systems support.
12. Complete additional duties and projects as assigned and all other tasks as requested or required from time to time.
Essential Functions: Travel to client sites required. On-call during normal business hours plus one week increment on a rolling schedule.
Physical Requirements: Position requires regularly moving and transporting up to 50 pounds at a time.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The items listed below are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum two year technical degree or four years of verifiable network experience.
Other Skills and Abilities: Must exhibit excellent customer service skills, be detail orientated, be able to work in dynamic atmosphere and be able to meet deadlines. Must be proficient in both written and verbal communication skills.
Certificates and Licenses: Minimum of 2 years of experience as a MCSE. A+/Net+ Cisco certification or can pass the exams within 1 year.
Advanced: All above plus Linux/Unix experience, Cisco Router configuration /troubleshooting experience, MCSD, MCSP, MCT.
Reporting Relationship: Sr. Systems Engineer
Salary Level: Depending on Experience